Your skin is the largest and fastest growing organ.
Its basic function is to provide protection, regulation and sensation. Its depth and texture change from one part of our body to the next, depending on the type of protection and support it needs to provide. It suffers the maximum wear and tear in day-to-day functions and thus needs special care.
There is no magic that will keep us looking forever young, but diet and lifestyle does affect how our skin looks and ages.
Here I will tell you all that you can do to take good care of your skin, not just of face but the whole body. To start with, in my first blog of the Skin Care series, I will tell you the daily morning rituals that can give you healthy and glowing facial skin. In my further blogs we will see how to take care of skin of rest of the body.
The skin on the face is thinner than the skin on the rest of the body and thus deserves extra care.
Also it is a well known fact that our skin absorbs everything we expose it to through topical application like body lotions, sunscreen, perfumes etc. All these products are laden with chemicals to varying degrees. However, the task of scrutinizing every ingredient of the daily beauty products for chemicals can be daunting.
So the solution for this is; firstly go for organic products and secondly detoxify your body with exercises and yoga.
Following are the basic morning rituals that will help you detoxify your body and give you a healthy skin
1. Get your 8 hours sleep According to Ayurvedic principles, you’ll get the most healing effect when you are asleep during the hours of 10 pm and 2 am. Give your body the time to heal itself. Going to bed early and getting up early is one of the best ways to see a noticeable improvement in your skin.
You need ‘to be a Morning Person’ to reap the benefits of getting up early. Not getting enough sleep will result in tired and worn out looking skin. It will give you dark circles, frequent skin break outs. So make sure that you get a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours at night.
2. Lukewarm water with lemon : After your body has gone for 7-8 hours at night without any water, the first thing that you should do is drink a glass of water. To have more benefits you can have lukewarm water with half a lemon juice in it.
Lemons are packed with nutrients like vitamin C, B-complex, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. This will boost your metabolism, improve your digestion and cleanse your system.
3. Exercise : This is the best way to detoxify your body as it opens the pores of your skin, toxics are released with sweat and fresh air is absorbed. Exercising helps you to oxygenate the blood and improving the blood flow, which help the cells of the body to function better.
4. Cleansing, Toning & Moisturising (CTM Routine) : This is the most basic skin care routine that should be followed religiously every morning. Make sure that your face-cleansing routine takes about a minute to ensure you did it thoroughly.
Many people skip toner in their skin care routine. Toner basically tightens the skin, closes the pores and protects the skin from harmful toxins, dirt and pollution. Look for the alcohol free types. Moisturised skin is soft and supple and ages slowly.
Daily moisturizing helps in preventing water loss and in restoring the skin’s moisture and enhancing its texture. Find a moisturiser that works for the skin type on your face. Do this procedure twice a day, once in the morning and once before going to bed.
5. Sunscreen : This is another very important step as it protects your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Read all about ‘Sunscreen – Do’s and Don’ts’. There is generally a confusion regarding should the sunscreen be applied before or after moisturizer. Sunscreen is always the final step in skin care routine.
Anything applied over the sunscreen will reduce its effectiveness. Apply it at least 20 minutes before stepping out of your house.
6. Breakfast : Experts believe that beauty really does come from the inside. Which means whatever you eat will reflect in your skin and hairs. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It provides the body and brain with fuel after an overnight fast. It should be eaten within 2 hours of waking.
Never skip breakfast. Even if you think you don’t have time to eat breakfast, there are grab-and-go options that can do their job.
Food contains lots of nutrients, which people have used for thousands of years, inside and out for getting healthy skin and hair. Wholesome breakfast helps repair damaged skin and nourishes hair. It doesn’t have to be elaborate, boiled eggs, a glass of milk and some fruits can also do the trick for you.
There are very many options available for healthy breakfast which are real quick and awesomely healthy.
So do follow the above steps and write to me your feedbacks!!