We all want to have a personality that attracts people. We spend on beauty products, on our clothes, on our diet just to get that perfect look. But some of us end up doing things that damage our attractiveness even after all our efforts and money gone into it. In this blog, we’ll be going over a few habits that damage your attractiveness, and how to take corrective steps.
Following are 5 habits that are damaging your attractiveness without you realizing it:-
1. Being mean to people: You may attract somebody for sometime by your looks. But if your behavior towards people is mean and wicked, your attractiveness will have a permanent damage. On the other hand, there’s something deeply satisfying about making other people happy. The vibes that you get from other people’s gratitude and joy benefits you too. Studies show that being kind makes you more energetic and increases your sense of self-worth. And that reflects in your personality.
2. Being over-stressed: Having a high paying job can help you buy extravagant things but the associated job stress can make you less attractive. According to a new study, people with a high level of the stress hormone called cortisol are less attractive to others. Stress makes people appear less healthy and therefore less attractive. On the other hand, people who can handle stressful situations appear instantly more attractive.
The link between low stress levels and high attractiveness is because the ability to handle a stressful situation suggests a strong genetic make-up, the future suitability of a partner, and their ability to pass on ‘good genes’ to their children.
So do not over stress yourself constantly. Instead, go to the gym, practice yoga, meditate and keep your attractiveness quotient high!
3. Bad Sense Of Humor: That hot girl who stares vacantly every time someone cracks a joke? She might get all the attention at first, but once everyone realizes they have no sense of humor, it will be over. A good sense of humor indicates that you can laugh things off and you can go along with different types of people. It’s a add-on to your personality.
But of course you should not try hard to be funny of laugh at things that you don’t understand. That will make you look like a fool! Just be yourself, you may actually be surprised as to how funny you are when you can just relax and be true to you.
4. Being a Liar: You may lie to somebody just to impress them or to hide your shortcomings. But sooner or later if that person comes to know about your little white lies, the castle that you tried to create initially will burst like a bubble. And it will be very difficult to regain trust. Because everybody who have ever been lied to, knows how difficult it can be to ever trust that person again. When you lie, it’s like putting a giant rock on your back and having to carry it around everywhere you go. Lies grow, they never stand alone, they need more lies to support the first lie. Damaging another person’s sense of reality is immoral. So be what you are and your honesty will add a sheen to your personality.
You may also like to read : 6 Most Common Reasons for Why do People Lie
5. Wrong Body Language: Body language is a very important aspect of attraction, but we frequently end up neglecting it. Most people are completely ignorant of the messages that they’re sending out unknowingly. Nervousness, insecurity, discomfort and more is clearly indicated by our body language. The way you sit, stand or shake hands may come off as more unattractive than you realize.
It’s important to pay attention to your body language. Make sure to stretch every day, avoid sitting down for too long, and strengthen your core muscles. All of these will help to improve your posture.
You may also like to read : 5 Ways to be You Even When People are Judging You