Right now, all of us are at different stages of our life. We have different motivations and life goals. We all tend to plan our life and at times get frustrated and regret, if we don’t achieve what was planned. The pains and setbacks that we face at different stages of life are similar. At the end, we all are human. Every now and then, there comes a time when we need to sit back and re-evaluate our perspective on life. It helps us to remain motivated and channels our energy in the correct direction. Here I am sharing the best sayings that elders, teachers, and colleagues have given me at different point of time that gave me a better perspective on life. And I promise you, you’ll love reading them!!
Well before that, let me share three very short stories that are like tiny gems for getting a better perspective on life:-
- One evening during my nursing shift at the hospital, I was very upset as I had a heated argument with my husband. But then something happened that changed my perspective on life. My 08 year old patient who is dying of leukemia asked me ‘if I was OK’
- Today I learned that the lady who I thought was ridiculously young to be a mom of twin girls studying in my 5th grade is actually their 25 year old half sister. It so happened that after her parents got divorced, her mother married another man and had twin daughters from him. And then four years ago, her mom and the father of the twins died in a car accident. The 25 year old daughter, who was then only 21, took over as their legal guardian and has been raising them up all by her own.
- Today is the 10th anniversary of the day I had planned to end my own life as I had found out that I was pregnant with my ‘now’ 9 year old son. He was the reason for me changing my decision to end my life. And he is so worth it. And the most important thing is that I realized that I am worth it too!
All these stories have one thing common, a changed and better perspective.
How we see people and situation greatly depends on the psychological cage we’ve been held captive for so long (and at some conscious level, we are aware of it). A cage created by our difficult past, social life, experiences etc. And our perspective changes only when we consciously work to liberate our mind from that cage.
Following are few of the best quotes that will definitely give you a better perspective on life:-
- If your life isn’t perfect or as you would like it to be right now; when life gives you every reason to be negative, think positive. Happiness escapes from those who refuse to see the good in what they already have. Sincerely appreciate your life for everything (or little) that it has. Many people are not fortunate enough to have what you have.
Wealth is a mindset. The richest isn’t the one who has everything, but the one who needs the least.
2. Change is sometimes painful but Don’t fear change. There’s definitely something that you’ll gain out of the change.
3. Face your fears. They are much bigger in your head than in reality.
4. If you have two options, choose the one that scares you. It will help you grow.
5. Don’t stress about tomorrow as it will reveal itself exactly as it should.
6. Put a smile anyway (even when it is most difficult to smile). Smiling in difficult times means you are strong. And YOU ARE STRONG.
Great moments happen unplanned and big regrets happen by not reaching exactly what was planned. So be flexible with your plans.
7. Instead of getting angry over the words of others, choose to listen to them, be aware, and grow stronger one way or another, because of them.
8. Life doesn’t always give you the people you desire, it gives you the people you need so that you learn and grow.
9. The strongest among us are those who have won incredible inner battles about which the world knows nothing. You can’t always see people’s pain and inner battles, but they can always feel your kindness. Being kind to people is a beautiful way to live, and a lovely legacy to leave behind. So be kind.
10. Three things ultimately characterize you: Your patience when you fail, your attitude when you succeed, and who you help when you can.
This world is much bigger than your view of the world. There’s always a new idea, a new step, a new perspective… a new beginning.